Difference between UK and Japan imported cars

rosegachaga

Administrator
Whats the difference between UK and Japan imported vehicles ,and why is it that there are only a few UK imported cars in Kenya?

japcars

Hi Rose, there are several reasons why Kenyans have a preference for Japanese vehicles over UK ones, mostly;
* Rust
The UK uses salt on their roads to help when it snows but this results in rusty under bodies for vehicles. This means unless the car was rust treated the car will have a shorter lifespan compared to a Japanese model.
*Inspection Quality
Japan 2nd hand exports market is a major business to the country and is accorded much care to make sure the number of cars sold remains high.
You can't by a damaged car from Japan even if you wanted to. they have high quality tests to make sure every car exported meets or exceeds stringent test. From the UK someone could easily sell you a car with damaged parts.
* Shipping costs
Its cheaper although not by much to transport a car from Japan than the UK. Also more ships ply the route,

Other options are also gaining popularity especially Singapore, Thailand and South Africa.

Obongo

Hi Rose, there are several reasons why Kenyans have a preference for Japanese vehicles over UK ones, mostly;
* Rust
The UK uses salt on their roads to help when it snows but this results in rusty under bodies for vehicles. This means unless the car was rust treated the car will have a shorter lifespan compared to a Japanese model.
*Inspection Quality
Japan 2nd hand exports market is a major business to the country and is accorded much care to make sure the number of cars sold remains high.
You can't by a damaged car from Japan even if you wanted to. they have high quality tests to make sure every car exported meets or exceeds stringent test. From the UK someone could easily sell you a car with damaged parts.
* Shipping costs
Its cheaper although not by much to transport a car from Japan than the UK. Also more ships ply the route,

Other options are also gaining popularity especially Singapore, Thailand and South Africa.
This is great insight. I know how good the Japanese inspection is. The use of salt on the UK roads is some education for me right there. Thanks @japcars

Roland.O

Administrator
* Rust
*Inspection Quality
* Shipping costs

How about the quality of cars, I see cars from UK have more features such as; sunroof, heated seats, leather seats, alloy rims?

japcars

How about the quality of cars, I see cars from UK have more features such as; sunroof, heated seats, leather seats, alloy rims?
That's true. It's easier to get higher grade cars in UK. Or even more features on the base models. The Japanese cars have more competition in Europe and tend to be more willing to pile on such features.

juliekouba24

Well, i think japanese used car more the batter then UK because i had a personal experience last year i was import used car from japan, it was a amazing conditions!