How to Safely Buy a Car in Kenya

Roland.O

Administrator
Buying a car in Kenya can sometimes be a daunting exercise and if you are not armed with proper information, you can loose money or even get into legal problems. Luckily there are some foolproof steps that you can follow to avoid problems. I have put together 5 quick bullet points on what to look out for and what to avoid and also given a link on where to buy clean, genuine cars in Kenya.

Things to avoid
1. Avoid buying cars in a hurry - Take your time, most conmen don't like delays and they will pressure you to buy quickly. avoid this
2. Never meet in a location you don't know or where the seller suggests. Always ask the seller to come to a place of your choice, not theirs. But, this is a two way traffic, the seller could also be worried about you, so always go for a neutral location.
3. Do a background check. Check the paperwork for the car, KRA history, NTSA and etc
4. Never pay in cash. Always do a bank transfer. This is traceable and leaves evidence of a transaction.
5. When the deal is too good, think twice.

Where to buy clean cars in Kenya

If you have any questions you would like me to answer please feel free to ask below and I will respond directly.
Thanks

Owning a car is always a dream of every person. But finding a used car that fulfills your requirements and comes under your budget can be a difficult task. But in this growing market, there are many used car dealers available. You just need to visit the showroom and get your dream car.