I changed my toyota passo gearbox and the drive keeps on blinking what can be the problem

jakim

I changed my gearbox in my toyota passo 2012 and the drive keeps on blinking what can be the problem

Elvin

If you have changed the gearbox in your Toyota Passo and the "drive" indicator on the dashboard is blinking, it indicates that there might be an issue with the transmission system. Here are a few possible causes and solutions:

1. Incorrect installation: Ensure that the new gearbox has been installed correctly. Double-check all connections, wiring, and sensors related to the transmission. Make sure everything is properly aligned and tightened.
  2. Transmission fluid level: Check the transmission fluid level using the dipstick (refer to the owner's manual for the correct procedure). Low fluid levels or improper fluid type can cause the "drive" light to blink. If the fluid level is low, top it up with the recommended transmission fluid.
  3. Transmission fluid quality: If the transmission fluid is dirty, contaminated, or burnt, it can cause various transmission issues. Consider draining and replacing the fluid if it appears discolored or has a foul smell.
  4. Faulty sensors or wiring: The blinking "drive" light could indicate a problem with the transmission sensors or wiring. Inspect the sensor connections and wiring harness for any signs of damage or loose connections. Consider taking the vehicle to a professional mechanic who can diagnose the specific issue using specialized diagnostic equipment.
  5. Transmission control module (TCM) issues: The TCM controls the operation of the transmission. If there is a problem with the TCM, it may result in the blinking "drive" light. A qualified mechanic should be able to diagnose and repair any TCM-related issues.
  6. Other mechanical issues: There could be other mechanical problems within the transmission itself that are causing the light to blink. In this case, it is recommended to have a professional mechanic inspect and diagnose the transmission for any internal faults.
It is important to address the issue promptly to prevent any further damage to the transmission. Consulting a qualified mechanic or a Toyota dealership would be the best course of action to diagnose and resolve the problem accurately.