Prado 150 Tx suspension

My 2012 Prado had a minor accident a year ago. I took it for front bumper replacement only. But the car driving experience changed when I got it back. The suspension system was bouncy before giving the driver easy handling and nice experience. Now it feels hard and I don't hear any pressure release when on uneven terrain. Kindly assist find out what could have gone wrong.

Elvin

After an accident, it's possible that the suspension system of your Toyota Prado 2012 was affected, leading to the change in driving experience and the hard feeling you're currently experiencing. Here are a few potential issues that could have occurred:

1. Suspension damage: It's possible that the impact from the accident caused damage to the suspension components, such as struts, shocks, or control arms. This damage could result in a stiffer suspension and the loss of the previous bouncy feeling. A thorough inspection of the suspension components is necessary to identify any visible signs of damage.
  2. Misalignment: The accident could have caused misalignment of suspension components, including the wheels. Misalignment can lead to uneven tire wear and a change in handling characteristics. It is recommended to have the wheel alignment checked and adjusted if necessary.
  3. Improper diagnostics: During the repair, it's possible that the suspension components were already damaged but no diagnostics were done to recommend the proper repairs.
  4. Damaged or worn-out bushings: The accident may have damaged or accelerated wear on the suspension bushings. Bushings are rubber or polyurethane components that help absorb shocks and provide flexibility. If the bushings are damaged or worn, they may need to be replaced to restore the original suspension performance.
To address these issues, it is recommended to take your vehicle to a reputable mechanic or a Toyota dealership. They will be able to inspect the suspension system thoroughly, identify any visible damage or misalignment, and recommend appropriate repairs or replacements. A test drive may also help the mechanic assess the current suspension behavior and compare it to the desired performance.

It's important to address suspension issues promptly as they can affect your vehicle's handling, stability, and overall safety.